1. I purchased this potty training padded toilet seat after training my son to use a miniature version of the toilet, so take that into account when reading my review. One of the reasons I used a miniature toilet was because my son seemed really hesitant to use the adult-size toilet, so I had to find something on his level before I bought this. Once he was relatively comfortable in going to the bathroom independently, I put the small toilet away and brought this out for him to try.
Being Visually Impaired, the colors (green, blue, and white) are bright and I appreciate that it’s easy for him to navigate. The stairs are green and the handles are blue/white, which is great for contrasting. I cannot begin to express just how amazing that is for my family; finding products that are easy to see and use can be a real challenge, but this company did an amazing job.
This product was easy to assemble and is easy to fold up. My son uses it independently every day now and he’s 3.5 years old. Highly recommend it.
UPDATE: If you’re like me and don’t leave this product on the toilet 24/7, you’re going to need to tighten the white “bolts” on the side from time to time. Apparently, with frequent closing and opening, the bolts loosen up. This has only happened once so far since I’ve owned this product, but I imagine it won’t be the last time. More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/best-padded-toilet-seat/.
2. Overall I really like this potty chair. It’s dirty and my son who is almost 40 pounds, has no problem getting on and off with it. I also think that the splash guard is a good size especially compared to other potties I’ve tried that I had to return because they weren’t high enough. I think the only thing I don’t really like about it is the color! But it was worth it to get a good potty and it was very easy to assemble
3. The only downside, it’s too comfortable for my tot! He will sit on this for as long as it takes (longer if it’s bedtime). We just got this seat so I can’t vouch for the long term durability but it seems well made and was super easy to put together. Everything is plastic and I came with a little plastic “screwdriver” so my tot got to help put together his seat.
As soon as we got it together we set it up on the potty and my tot exclaimed “it’s just my size” and marched up and sat down.
This is soooooo much better than dumping and rinsing a little training potty. We started with one of those and I wish we had gotten this first.
4. It’s great! He is 2yo and 2ft y’all. The best setting for him is the lowest step. He can get up and down w/o assistance. I found it easier to have him pull his pants down before he steps up there and he steps down then pulls his pants up—it works for him! With a little guidance for 2wks or so or until I felt safe enough to not watch him, I let him go by himself and he does great!
Make sure to read the directions! It’s really wobbly if you leave the toilet seat down so make sure to pull it all the way up for more stability. Toddler seat is REALLY easy to remove and put back, as well and folds up great when needed. Oh and it’s a little wobbly, maybe cus I have a floor mat underneath? But either way, it’s very sturdy! As long as they don’t play on it and purposely wiggle it they’ll be fine. Nothing to be concerned about.
5. This works great! Our 2.5 year old just learned to be pull-up free and we decided to have her learn to go by herself and get something with a step stool and handles and this looks great and works great. It’s sturdy for her, the height adjustment on the step will be perfect to grow with her and for other kids to come. Very pleased! Also, the soft cushion is attached with velcro so it’s easy to pull off and clean when needed. More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/.